Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Ultimate Cosplay of 2016

After what happened at the con, one of our pictures taken by a professional photographer Bryan Rasmussen, was featured by Salt Lake Comic con and garnered about 6000 likes on just that one page alone.


Ming-Na Wen: The voice of Mulan
Ming-Na Wen is well-known for The Joy Luck Club, Mulan, and recently, as Agent Melinda May in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Having her mentioning our non-professional cosplay group was really surreal. Am I fangirl-ing here or what? Ha ha.
I went back to bed after couple of hours of excitement at home. I woke up still trying to digest the little fame we've had within this two days. I went to work not wanting to be there because I just want to be at home reading the comments being posted on both the SLCC Facebook page and on Ming-Na's Tweeter account.
So during our lunch break, I logged into my Facebook account and read the comments posted and found out that Radisson Salt Lake Airport Hotel mentioned our picture on their Facebook page as one of their favorites! I thought it is so cool to sorta be considered as one of the "faces" that represents SLCC this year. What do you think?

About 4 hours after that, my daughter woke me up from my deep sleep because that picture caught someone else's attention -- Ming-Na Wen's! Yes, the voice of Mulan herself tweeted about our cosplay picture as an ultimate cosplay.




No comments: