Friday, April 1, 2016

Mulan Cosplay 2016

Before 2012, the word cosplay was very foreign to me. My daughter's friends wanted me to cosplay at an Anime Banzai in Layton, Utah with them and so I did! After that experience, I am always game to cosplay when asked.
Two Mulan cosplay groups in  FanX 2016

So when Salt Lake Comic Con was first held in September 5-7, 2013, I got excited and bought tickets for my daughter, my mom, and I to attend. My daughter and I would cosplay different characters, but never really thought of doing it as a group -- specifically, a family -- until last 2015. My daughter suggested that she, my mom, and I should go as the Fa family, and so we did. I mean, three-generation cosplayers! Heck, we've even brought Cri-Kee with us in grandma's little cage!

Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience 2016 came last week and we went back as the Fa Family again. But this time we met up with another cosplayer group that we missed to meet last con, the Ugly Concubines. What happened next was beyond our imagination!

Con attendees lined up in front of us and took pictures of our two groups, non-stop. We had to hold our pose for few minutes until the picture-taking subsided. The con's professional photographer took several pictures of us too, and what happened to one of these pictures became the highlight of our week!

March 27th at 7:13 pm, the day after the con, SLCC posted the above picture on their website and garnered over 6000 likes in just that one page. Then around 11:14 pm, this part 2 of our story happened!




No comments: