Monday, February 4, 2008

Josh McLerran

Okay, I'm not here to promote Josh McLerran. I just want to blog my "brag" ... if you know what I mean. Josh McLerran is one of the actors in Daddy Day Camp. He served a 2-year Mormon mission in the Philippines. He mentioned in IMDB that he is fluent in several Filipino dialects, I knew instantly that he went to Visayas islands where I'm from.

And so I searched for his name in http://www.ldsmissions.net/ and found his email address. I emailed him telling him about my daughter being in the Daddy Day Camp, etc. etc. And this was his reply:

"Ay! Nami gid! Oo, sa Bacolod gid ang mission ko! Wala ko nakaagi sa imo nga Sampaguita Gardens sa Provo, pero tag-iya ka man sang Sampaguita Gardens sa Aklan, di bala? Kay nakaagi ko didto, kag nami siya kaayo! Nami gid nga nakaupod ang imo bata sa akon sa Daddy Day Camp. Extra siya? Bata sang Pinay ang lalaki ni "Lance Warner" sa film. Nami kaayo. Grabe ang kagamay sang kalibutan naton. Sige, halong kamo, kag regards gid sa imo bata!

Josh"


How cool is that! Basically he answered that he indeed went on a mission in Bacolod. He never been to Sampaguita Garden (our restaurant in Provo), but he was wondering if we owned the one in Aklan also. He also said that it was great to have my daughter in Daddy Day Camp and asked if she was an extra? And then he said that the actor that played "Lance Warner" in the movie is part Filipino. Then he said that it's cool that the world is indeed really small.

So there, that's my brag. :D

No comments: